Diesen Artikel gibt es auch auf deutsch.
Since last year some things changed in Hanoi. This is my new guide to latin social dancing in Hanoi:
In general it is possible to dance salsa everyday in Hanoi. There is a vibrant scene, dancing cross body style salsa either On1 or On2. Expect too hear bachata 50% of your time. The Kizomba wave arrived Vietnam, but the workshops ain’t that good, or have to start from the bottom everytime. The majority can only lead basic steps and basic saida. Educated young (under 30) vietnamese can speak english. There is a curfew for dance clubs, I suggest to go early. Salsa socials might be short (3 hours) but intense, places fill fast.
I experienced that every taxi company is reliable even if you don’t speak vietnamese. Take a cab to go to the places. You’ll pay more in bigger taxis, but I think 20¢ more won’t kill you. Make sure to pay with small cash, some drivers (even in Mai Linh) pretend to have not enough change (which should’t be a problem when there is a shop around). Write the adress on a sheet of paper and you should be fine. Occasionally check on google maps where you are
- Where: 5 Ngõ Gạch, Old Quarter (Hoan Kiem)
- When: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday – 20:30-22:30
- Entry: Your entry-fee is a coupon to get a drink. Starts at 20k VND.
- A lot of space. Central.
- http://www.sfire.vn/ or https://www.facebook.com/Sfire.Salsa.Studio
- Where: 2 Ngõ Huyện (aka Backpacker Street), Old Quarter (Hoan Kiem)
- When: Wednesday 20:30-23:00
- Entry: 30k VND
- High fidelity music. Usually a concert location.
- Where: 22 Hồ Giám, Đống Đa District
- When: Thursday 20:30-23:00
- Entry: Depends on the entry time. Between 35k VND to 20k VND
- http://springsalsa.vn/ or https://www.facebook.com/springsalsa
La Bomba Latina
- Where: 46 Ngõ Huyện
- When: everyday? from unknown until late.
- Entry: free
- Is more like a normal bar which also has a tiny dance floor. International guests. Has the latest open hours, although when important events are up, it also closes earlier. Versatile music, Salsa (cuban, colombian), Bachata, Merengue, Zouk, Kizomba.
- (When I was there the last three weeks) on Wednesday was always a zouk party until 22:40 or 23h.